Universal Ethics Committee (UEC) is a Chennai based ethics committee registered with the CDSCO (Central Drug Standard Control Oganisation) – holding registration number ECR/125/Indt/TN/2013.
Since inception, we have also been registered with US-FDA’s OHRP (Office of Human Rights Protection) holding number – IORG0007234)
We have been serving the clinical research fraternity since early 2012. Armored with a GCP and Schedule Y compliant member team, UEC is committed to ensuring the ethical and justified conduct of clinical trials in India.
- Universal Ethics Committee (UEC) is registered with CDSCO holding registration no. ECR/125/Indt/TN/2013.
- UEC is registered with USFDA – OHRP holding registration no. IORG0007234
- UEC is an Independent ISO 9001:2015 certified Ethics committee.
- UEC convenes every fortnight – typically on Saturdays – for ethical review and consideration of clinical study submissions, review annual reports, study updates etc.
- UEC has strong Schedule Y compliant member team and has Dr. Arun Babu MBBS, MS (Gen Sur), MRCS as the Chairman.
- All UEC members are GCP trained and certified. We also ensure periodic training on CDSCO and ICMR updates, newer regulations , global guidelines and standards.
- UEC member team consists of 2 Doctors – a Surgeon and 2 Medical Pharmacologist, 1 Legal Expert, 1 Clinical Research Expert, 1 Theologian; 2 Social Activists , 2 Non-Scientific members and Lay persons.- fairly represented as both male and female members.
- UEC sends quarterly updates to CDSCO regarding the complete details of all the Clinical Studies reviewed.